Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
One of the big appeals is the titanium—both because of the light weight and the unique appearance compared to everything else I own and wear regularly. I know my Hamilton is titanium also, but I don’t wear it that much compared to my other watches. I am smitten. It may be a diver or a dive style watch, but the FXD’s design really appeals and it also is not at all in danger of being muscled out of the watch box by anything I already own because it’s so different. Part of the thing that gave me pause on the BB58 was the thought that I’d wear it a lot when I first got it, then I’d wear it a lot while my Submariner is away for service, and then when my Sub came back, I’d wear it less because the Submariner is, well, better in every way (and it should be for what they charge, this isn’t a knock against the Black Bay). Of course, the BB58 would end up on a NATO, which would give it a lot more looks for different moods than the Submariner. But it is retro cool and not serious tool like the FXD—again, not a knock, I happen to like both aesthetics.

**** me, maybe it’s good that my offer was rejected. Because now I’m thinking “Hey, remember how the BB58 has 20mm lugs, which means all those Hamilton NATOs you love so much would fit on it no problem and let’s be honest, you’re more retro cool than you are serious tool guy, so…”

Okay, damn it all. The indecision continues. I really do think it’s between the BB58 and Pelagos FXD. And they are two watches that couldn’t really be more different.

Oh, man, I am so torn.
I’d see the FDX as the more toolish titanium version of the Sub. The Tudor bezel is more usable in any light situation.. They have virtually the same movement with silicone verses parachrome mainspring and some decoration being the difference. The case finish on the Pelagos has some subtle things that get lost in pictures. My friends that wear NATO rave about the Tudor ones. I always find NATO uncomfortable when wet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro