Likes Likes:  2,984
Page 208 of 213 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2128

Thread: Today I want one of these

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    So I started looking at the Tudor webpage. I do like the Black Bay Blue, but then I saw this.

Attachment 129629

Digging the Pelagos 39, too.

Attachment 129630

I like both of them as well, but I was hoping for a blue Pelagos 39 and it didn’t happen. I like the chrono too, but the price on that pushes it too close to the SM300, which isn’t a fair because it really shows off what good a value the Tudor is, especially compared to its Navitimer cousin, but I just prefer the Omega.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I like that a lot! Reverso aesthetic without the Reverso’s reversing and price tag.
    OMG no kidding.

4. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I'm a sucker for Art Deco, so I like that, too. But I've never found a rectangular watch that looked the right size for my wrist--they've always seems too narrow, except for the Girard-Perregaux models, and possibly the larger Cartier Tank model.
    Pity the T18 was a bodge

Name:  LGIM0113.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  234.9 KBName:  LGIM0125.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  219.4 KBName:  LGIM0127.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  321.5 KBName:  LGIM0110.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  368.1 KBName:  LGIM0108.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  406.7 KBName:  LGIM0112.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  396.6 KBName:  LGIM0184.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  245.3 KB

dial , amazing , case ok but sharp edges , crown , well .....too big for the case , with wrist flecks pulled out stopping the watch
    Quartz didn't help eitrher.
    18mm strap on a 20/21 case looked right. From memory a little bit small , can't find a wrist shot to confirm though.
    So near yet so far , shame

The Alpina to date closest , not handwind , and 22mm strap on a (perhaps) larger case. Not bad though.... waiting for discounts .... we'll see
    Last edited by Strela167; Jun 20, 2024 at 09:37 PM.

6. Likes Mediocre, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Wow, that's nice! Hard to get though apparently since they don't make 'em in quantities . . .

8. Likes Mediocre, Strela167 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I have a problem now. I was thinking to myself, “You know, one big thing about the Black Bay 58 is that I’d wear it mostly on a NATO” in order to further differentiate it from my Submariner and BB GMT. And then, watching a Britt Pearce video today, well, shit. I got over the fact that the Pelagos FXD can’t take a bracelet. You can see the problem now. These are fairly affordable, well cheaper than a standard Pelagos, and unlike the blue dial Pelagos 39, it actually exists.

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Oh no, I’m in a tight spot. Jomashop has a couple pre owned ones at an incredibly attractive price. Crown and Caliber has a ton.

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Oh no, I’m in a tight spot. Jomashop has a couple pre owned ones at an incredibly attractive price. Crown and Caliber has a ton.
    Makes one wonder why there are so many available.

14. Likes geoffbot, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Makes one wonder why there are so many available.
    It is a niche watch; I’m sure there are plenty who bought it and found it wasn’t quite for them. But there’s lots of many great watches for sale in abundance, I don’t think that’s a knock against the watch. I mean, you could also aso why the Railmaster is on such a deep discount. Not everything resonates with everyone. Also, apparently when if first came out, the first year production was numbered by year, so they are considered collectible? Many of C&C’s FXDs are selling for above retail, I imagine that’s the reason why. Otherwise why would you pay $1000+ over retail on a new watch for a used version of it when there have been no changes?

The thing I’ve been running into this whole time has been that I couldn’t find quite the right fit. The SM300 has the polishing (and price) problem, the Railmaster has the “would I wear it enough” problem, Black Bay 58 has that “is it too close to a Submariner” problem, the FXD had the “it can’t be put on a bracelet” problem. But now, that’s no longer a problem for me. Sometimes things just click; the other strengths of the watch take it over the hump for me. Thinner case that wears smaller than the regular Pelagos, no date dial unlike the regular Pelagos, a darker, less saturated shade of blue with stark white contrasting lume, and surprisingly, it comes in at significantly less expensive than the regular Pelagos. Normally when luxury brands take away, they charge more; so this is refreshing. It seems like everyone who has this thing hands on seems to love it; every review I’ve read or watched has been positively glowing.

watching a Britt Pearce video
    Ryan_Reynolds_but_why.gif
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

The FXD has that odd number of markers thing, which might bother me.

If the fabric strap is like the one on the BB58, I’d have to change it. Many people love it, but their soft is my floppy.

18. Likes Mediocre liked this post