Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beginner's Luch

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Me likey it so much I might start licking it
    I lick my crystals all the time......WHAT ?? Don't judge me
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Apparently the bit you can sod up in a movement is right by the notch in the case for opening the back ie not to be done by clueless folk like me

I'll see if skywatch supplied me with an inside photo
    yes some are right by the balance wheel and if you slip you can stab the wheel have almost done that twice on the same one can't think which one and when closing it the same can happen if not careful with the lip of the case back
    Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool. so I gave him a glass of water.

3. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Ah, its possible I've this the wrong way round, and that the watch prodcution of the de luxe got moved from Poljot to Luch (and a Sekonda can be either)

Edit: from Ranfft:
    1961-1975 (Belarus Plant: Vympel, Poljot 2209)
    1975-1979 (Minsk Watch Factory: Luch 2209)

"Unique design: With an intermediate wheel between minute pinion and a separate minute wheel the complete train is moved from the center to the periphery. And due to the indirect sweep second, there is also no second wheel in the center. Thus neither balance nor barrel is overlapped by any wheel, and the complete height is avalaible for barrel and balance. The result is a rather low profile without reducing sturdiness or accuracy."

Pithy post from old country here
    Last edited by Der Amf; Jan 28, 2015 at 03:31 PM.

well the minsk factory do luch sekonda and zarja models it was first founded in the 1954 I think it was there was a great article on one of the watch site like a history about the watches they was selling and it was a rather good read

edit

Brands:

- Luch
    - Sekonda
    - Zarja

The history of the open joint-stock company "Minsk Watch Plant" began in 1953 when the decision to construct such an enterprise was made. It was also the starting point for the new watch industry in the Republic of Belarus. The plant building started in autumn of 1954 according to the project developed by the Leningrad Institute "Gipropribor" and the Belorussian Institute Belgosproekt. The main aim of the plant working was making women's watches.

Minsk Watch Plant was constructed to produce a wide range of models and the release of the first collection in 1956 showed that watches “Luch” are in great demand. First 57000 of Zarja watches were produced. In next 2 years more than 210000 watches were sold.

Besides the assembly shop, new automatic, mechanical assembly, instrumental shops have appeared since 1957.

In 1963 the plant sold 1050000 of women's watches "Vympel", which were very popular in the United Kingdom for a long time, started.

In 1964 17 ruby stones women's watches "Luch-1300" were developed and delivered for sale from the MWP.

They were the smallest watches the USSR had ever made before: the size of such a watch was not bigger than 10 copeck coin.

Implementing the market approach during the period of structural economic reforms in 1995-2000 slowed down the development of the company. Nevertheless, these changes helped Minsk Watch Plant to reach new levels of competitiveness. The result is that nowadays Minsk Watch Plant is a modern automated enterprise that employs more than one thousand people and that is among the leaders of the watch industry in Eastern Europe.

The system of quality management on Minsk Watch Plant corresponds to the international standard ISO 9001. During the first six months of the year 2004 the sales volume increased by more than 10% and 12 new models were released. The “Luch” watches were constantly awarded with prizes and diplomas at the international watches exhibitions.

Last edited by is that my watch; Jan 28, 2015 at 03:42 PM.
    Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool. so I gave him a glass of water.

6. Likes Der Amf, DJW GB liked this post
    I loved the way mine loved on my wrist. I hated how it felt when I wound it...

Some more photos

9. Likes DJW GB liked this post