Likes Likes:  28,535
Page 1242 of 1242 FirstFirst ... 242742114211921232124012411242
Results 12,411 to 12,420 of 12420

Thread: And what did you buy today ?

I didn’t recommend it, but that is some good bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

2. Likes Raza, Fantasio liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Some bourbon to take home. I think somebody here recommended this brand, so decided to give it a go.

Bulleit is a solid bourbon! I like, especially in a cocktail. Though I prefer their rye to their bourbon, believe it or not.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

4. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Bulleit is a solid bourbon! I like, especially in a cocktail. Though I prefer their rye to their bourbon, believe it or not.
    It’s a great bourbon to make an old fashioned wirh. It’s my personal favorite, and I make a mean one. I make a sugar slurry instead of using simple syrup so it’s sweet. Well, certainly not sweet vermouth sweet. I like Bulleit, Jefferson’s, and Maker’s Mark. You’ve spent enough to know you’re drinking something nice, but you didn’t spend so much that you feel you were raked over the coals.

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. Likes Raza liked this post
    On my wrist since yesterday - Garmin Instinct 2X. I sold both my Fénix 7X and 7 Pro and went for the Instinct because of the much better contrast of the black-and-white display and the insane battery life.
    It's also much lighter than the Fénix which is an advantage for running. And it's more like a G-Shock with extra bells and whistles than a smartwatch. Just yesterday I remembered that I got my first alti-baro-watch a little over 30 years ago. An Avocet Vertech Ski that I bought at 17 for skiing. These watches have come a long way since then.

Cheers, Sedi

Bulleit Rye (the green label) is excellent.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

9. Likes Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    I bought a new house! I’ll miss the mature trees, but I will not miss the mice; Althea will miss them. Built in 2021 so there is very little to do before moving in. I’ll need to do something about a fire pit, though. Geothermal heating and cooling, 10 mins from work. We close in December.

Attachment 132085

Now we need to get our house sold.

Congrats!!! We moved July '23, somewhat similar style house. Good luck with selling the old place.

11. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    I bought this yesterday rather than today but I hope we aren't all going to be sticklers about it.
    TBH, I probably could have done without the purchase at the moment (tax time! Yay!) but, fair's fair, I registered an interest and it came in.
    Name:  tudor.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  102.8 KB
    My first thoughts are: size is about perfect and it sits beautifully on my wrist. On the negative side, what is it? I got the Pelagos 39 last year and it was a little too resolutely modern to suit me. I struggled to get a good fit and the delicate striations in the bezel picked up a scratch almost immediately but, beyond that, I think the style was maybe a little too functional, too cold. Too YOUNG is probably the bush I'm beating about.
    So this Black Bay should have been perfect. It looks great in so many photos and window displays, after all. But, now that I'm wearing it, there's something...I don't know...something of the pastiche about it.
    I was thinking it's odd that Tudor can't (or don't want to) bridge that gap between modern utility and (for some) charmingly twee. But I suppose the watch which does that is the Rolex Submariner and that's the end of that.
    I will keep it in the rotation and see how it goes. It certainly wouldn't be the first watch I have wanted, been underwhelmed by and then grown to love.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    I was thinking it's odd that Tudor can't (or don't want to) bridge that gap between modern utility and (for some) charmingly twee. But I suppose the watch which does that is the Rolex Submariner and that's the end of that.

You have a great looking watch, but I understand what you’re saying. When considering which BB58 to buy it was partly ‘bridging that gap’ that led me to the blue one. Generally, I think the Black Bay has been perfectly pitched, which seems to be evident in its success.

14. Likes skywatch liked this post
    I bought this yesterday rather than today but I hope we aren't all going to be sticklers about it.
    TBH, I probably could have done without the purchase at the moment (tax time! Yay!) but, fair's fair, I registered an interest and it came in.
    My first thoughts are: size is about perfect and it sits beautifully on my wrist. On the negative side, what is it? I got the Pelagos 39 last year and it was a little too resolutely modern to suit me. I struggled to get a good fit and the delicate striations in the bezel picked up a scratch almost immediately but, beyond that, I think the style was maybe a little too functional, too cold. Too YOUNG is probably the bush I'm beating about.
    So this Black Bay should have been perfect. It looks great in so many photos and window displays, after all. But, now that I'm wearing it, there's something...I don't know...something of the pastiche about it.
    I will keep it in the rotation and see how it goes. It certainly wouldn't be the first watch I have wanted, been underwhelmed by and then grown to love.
    Where tf have you been mate?! Nice watch. Bb58 gmt yeah? I've been considering one, but I love my Bb58
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Savagely Average
    Is that one of their recent releases? Big fan of the color scheme