Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miles McKinney Funky Friday October the 25th 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    tempted to get a new / old watch ant bought anything in well over a year ....

sorta have got one in mind it's finding it and saving up for it ..or a brand just not sure on which (that would be easier as got my watch jar fund (I have an old vodka bottle it like a 50 liter or so left over from my days of running pubs that i put all my loose change into each night ) then on my birthday each year I empty it out give the bronze and small silver to charity and then use the rest on a new watch )

so might do both
    Good luck and good hunting.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by watch carefully View Post
    Tim, every one of those photos does a great job capturing the hands (and those of the Tissot look marvelous). Today, I'll have to pick the Seiko--the dial color looks fantastic in that light!

Woke up today and the temperature was below O Calsius for the first time this season...must be getting summery where you are, though, eh?

For the record, I'm still sporting this:

Attachment 132122
    Thanks Brad, the blued hands on the Tissot are a delight and I'm really enjoying the new Seiko, looking forward to having the president bracelet for it which should arrive next week. It was 28c here yesterday so summer is definitely getting close as winter is for you. Glad to see you're still enjoying the Rainer.
    Last edited by Tim.; Today at 06:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    It might be a simple theme, but I can't figure it out.
    Can't see past this any way.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate, sorry to hear you've not had a good week, are you still suffering from that lurgy? If so I hope you improve soon. Not such a bad watch to wear for a week, a definite favourite of mine for sure.
    P.S. Hank picked the theme. The most recent 5 watch purchases in reverse order.

Last edited by Tim.; Today at 04:59 AM.

5. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I'm going with the Skeleton today. Theme; recently purchased?
    Cheers Hank, correct, the last 5 purchases in reverse order. Glad you're enjoying your new CC, it does look to be very good lume.

7. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    so how you finding it ? hope living up to expectations .... ?
    tempted to get a new / old watch ant bought anything in well over a year ....

sorta have got one in mind it's finding it and saving up for it ..or a brand just not sure on which (that would be easier as got my watch jar fund (I have an old vodka bottle it like a 50 liter or so left over from my days of running pubs that i put all my loose change into each night ) then on my birthday each year I empty it out give the bronze and small silver to charity and then use the rest on a new watch )

so might do both
    Thanks ismy, my new /old Seiko is indeed a joy to wear, should have a new bracelet for it next week.

Looking forward to seeing what you buy yourself for your birthday.

9. Likes scottjc, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Thanks ismy, my new /old Seiko is indeed a joy to wear, should have a new bracelet for it next week.

Looking forward to seeing what you buy yourself for your birthday.
    yeah was looking at the seiko but the prices for a decent one are silly .. and the price for other colour dials seem high when it the one particle watch dial that makes it what it is too ... think it will have to go with the smiths w10 fantasy only group ..

yeah gifting some more watches to my local charity today just sorting the battery's out .
    “Better to be a broken piece of jade than an intact piece of pottery.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tim. View Post
    Cheers Hank, correct, the last 5 purchases in reverse order. Glad you're enjoying your new CC, it does look to be very good lume.

CheersTim. I did not know they were in order, reversed or otherwise, but I recognized them all as recent.

Yes, the lume is easily readable in the morning without any special charging.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.