Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Swan & Edgar Complexity Watch Review - Stunning Watch and Good Quality

Cool Swan & Edgar Complexity Watch Review - Stunning Watch and Good Quality

Very interesting watch brand. Having followed the brand for a few years now, I purchased my second Complexity (the first one was the Blue Steel and my recent one is the Rose). In short they have made some really nice upgrades to this model and the customer services seem to be improved too. It is a watch I probably get the most compliments on out of my collection also, which is nice!

The Changes

• Crystal: For one the glass has changed, my older Complexity Steel was mineral Crystal which I think even for the price could be sapphire, and now the brand is using sapphire crystal, which is great to see

• Dial: The Guilloche detail is more prominent, and the dial printing is also clearer. There is also a very pleasing sunburst effect on the dial which I wasn't expecting, this is simply stunning, there's no two ways about that

Name:  processed-948D8DD0-115D-4CB6-B724-4660B8CBDB5C.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  81.9 KB

• 43mm Case: This is an area with the most noticable upgrades (along with the dial), the case has a higher grade stainless steel, I believe it is 316L, the website just says Stainless Steel, however it feels like a much better finished case, it is also heavier despite being the same size as the older version. It does wear comfortably given the shaping and strap.

• Strap: No significant noticable improvements, although the original was pretty decent. The new one does feels more comfortable due to more cushioning.

Name:  processed-10EFA212-29D7-4C70-BDF6-BB552DC6A957.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  71.3 KBName:  processed-029802B6-5DDE-4904-88C7-1E1741B85A43.jpg
Size:  97.6 KB

• Presenation Box: The box has also been upgraded from a fairly standard/dated black leather box to a nice Navy premium larger box with wood detailing (unsure if real wood or not). It comes with a 5 year warranty card and link to operating instructions (apologies I did not include the warranty in the pic).

Name:  processed-D963C2C9-02CE-49CD-92F7-83ED4431C9EA.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  89.0 KB

Wearability & Impressions

Overall the watch wears nicely, I have received a lot of compliments and it does in general feel a lot better value for money due to the upgrades. A 43mm case is about right for a watch like this, and it does wear comfortably, most likely due to the lug shape and size resulting in a not too bulky wear. Due to the number of functions on the dial, a smaller case may result in a cramped looking dial. For a medium to large wrist this would likely wear very well, however if you have a very small wrist this may be on the large side, with that being said, my girlfriend has grown a penchant to wearing this watch aha and it looks quite nice.
    Name:  processed-57972E03-B98E-447A-8DEC-3EA3A3E4DC9D.jpg
Size:  97.9 KBName:  processed-F4B63E24-0E7E-4FBE-9020-85598E6F2488.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  61.1 KB

General Service Experience - Communication, Shipping etc
    I purchased this on pre-order, and it was a nice surprise to see that it actually arrived on time, considering I have heard that this isn't always the case with watch brands. I spoke on the phone with their customer services too, they answered fairly quickly, so this has improved as I called a few years ago and it took a couple days for them to get back. Perhaps this is due to the company growing/being or making internal changes. This was good to see. No complaints on shipping, this was fast, I was sent tracking, although perhaps more updates between pre-ordering and shipping day would be nice, such as re-affirming that the watch would be arriving on time, however I could just be being picky as they would most likely provide such updates for delays only like other watch brands do when pre-ordering.

Summary
    Overall, I really like this brand and it is one to watch. Despite having more of a mixed experience years ago, I am happy to see they have made some nice improvements. This is also evident by their Trustpilot reviews, which have improved significantly over the past couple of years. Clearly a brand that is working hard to get better and succeeding in doing so. I look forward to seeing what they do next!

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    interesting first post the cynical nature of some of us wonder whether post or spam I guess time will tell but on an up beat note well presented never the less decent pics soooo...

“Better to be a broken piece of jade than an intact piece of pottery.”

Appreciated. I realise I didn't tuck the strap in properly (stupidly), here is a better pic

Name:  Complexity Strap.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  68.9 KB