Likes Likes:  164
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WRUW Tuesday 10th. September

Name:  _GJP0021 23-11-59.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  128.7 KB

would be happy with either one Geoff i dont really know but im guessing the Santos isn't really for every day usage

not like a Seiko beater anyway great dayall

The recently controversial Lew & Huey Blue Riccardo...

I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

Why are you thinking of switching @geoffbot.

Still wearing this one. As the bezel and case show, I have worn this one a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Why are you thinking of switching @geoffbot.

Still wearing this one. As the bezel and case show, I have worn this one a lot.

Cos I'm currently bored and wanna buy something mainly
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Cos I'm currently bored and wanna buy something mainly
    I would venture to say, if you're just bored in general then keep the Bulgari, but if you're specifically bored WITH the Bulgari, then hide it for a few days to learn if you start missing it. Personally I think the Bulgari is a more unusual and lesser seen watch, the Santos a lot more classic and old-school. Maybe keep the Bulgari and scratch your itch with an affordable?
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I would venture to say, if you're just bored in general then keep the Bulgari, but if you're specifically bored WITH the Bulgari, then hide it for a few days to learn if you start missing it. Personally I think the Bulgari is a more unusual and lesser seen watch, the Santos a lot more classic and old-school. Maybe keep the Bulgari and scratch your itch with an affordable?

I'm with you on keeping the Bulgari. If you want the Cartier, do you have something else to swap/sell @geoffbot?

I've been thinking about swapping this for a Santos... Any thoughts? Attachment 131278Attachment 131279
    The old "different strokes for different folks" comes to mind, so, for ME, even though I like the Bulgari quite a bit, the Santos is, IMO, better suited for more wrist time.

That's a true GADA with 100m WR and a style that can be worn up and down with different attire. Just my opinion, and I really like the blue bezel version, it's been on my low level radar for a good bit.
    @Cybotron - do you still have yours?

I've been thinking about swapping this for a Santos... Any thoughts? Attachment 131278Attachment 131279
    Yes buy it. LOL.

Pros: Great watch with a lot of history. If bought from an AD you get a 8 year warranty. You don't need any tools to add/remove links on the bracelet.

Cons: Cartier movements aren't really the greatest. The Santos bezel can be a scratch magnet. Need to go OEM or custom if you decide to get additional straps.

I've been happy with mine but I'm a big fan of the brand. Hope that helps.
    Cheers,

Richard

11. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    The old "different strokes for different folks" comes to mind, so, for ME, even though I like the Bulgari quite a bit, the Santos is, IMO, better suited for more wrist time.

That's a true GADA with 100m WR and a style that can be worn up and down with different attire. Just my opinion, and I really like the blue bezel version, it's been on my low level radar for a good bit.
    @Cybotron - do you still have yours?
    Yes. Just past the 2 year mark.
    Cheers,

Richard

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Casual day before getting back on the road.

Attachment 131274

Just for grins for the audio minded among us - a pic from this past weekends audio show in Seattle. Just a little $250k system.

Attachment 131275
    If we ever actually move to a new place, I’m still interest in the Alta Adams. Of course by the time we do, they’ll probably have been replaced by a new model…

15. Likes wschofield3 liked this post