Likes Likes:  3,111
Page 218 of 218 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218
Results 2,171 to 2,178 of 2178

Thread: Today I want one of these

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Pretty. Why'd you part with it?

Oh, a periodic purge… but this one was quite focused. I wanted to get down to essentials, or near-essentials, and the Baltic wasn’t essential enough. I sold seven watches (or maybe more) earlier this year, making mental space for what will probably be an expensive addition. Lose seven mostly affordable watches, gain one watch that will cost more than all of them together.

Watch buying logic.

2. Likes hayday, Samanator, Mediocre, wschofield3 liked this post
    My watch-buying logic used to be to buy all the watches that caught my eye. I’ve become a bit more deliberate in my purchases over the years and avoid the impulse purchases; to the best of my ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes Fantasio, Strela167, wschofield3 liked this post
    I've always found sector dials attractive, but this Raymond Weil stopped me in my tracks.

Attachment 131242

It sent me to the googlemachine, which led me to this Longines.

Attachment 131243
    Both are more than I want to spend, and I found this Baltic through additional googling.

Attachment 131241

There's also the Mido Patrimony that's kinda got that Sector vibe

Cheers,

Richard

I've always found sector dials attractive, but this Raymond Weil stopped me in my tracks.

Attachment 131242

It sent me to the googlemachine, which led me to this Longines.

Attachment 131243
    Both are more than I want to spend, and I found this Baltic through additional googling.

Attachment 131241

Yes, I saw these recently (not sure if it was Fratello or Hodinkee) and I thought the same... stopped me in my tracks as well... until I saw the size... And then same again, google machine brought me to the Logines, the JLC, and the Patek (again), then eventually the Baltic. Which my brother has, and it is even better in person than it how it appears in most photos. I really like the Patek and JLC very much... but not anytime soon. Longines I've actually tried in person when they first came out. Also very nice...

In fact, that was the same visit than really turned me on the Reverso which I had previously written off due to not liking rectangular case designs... But trying it on was a different story. I should have grabbed it then and there, but now they are nearly double the price.

I've tried the Patek in person as well. The ultimate.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Sep 9, 2024 at 03:44 PM.

7. Likes hayday, wschofield3 liked this post
    I kick myself for not grabbing the JLC Master Control Sector before they became popular. I wasn't a fan of the date window, but liked everything else about them. The black dial Master Control I had was a decent consolation watch and IIRC I made money selling it to buy my GO Senator Excellence

9. Likes gnuyork, wschofield3, Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Yes, I saw these recently (not sure if it was Fratello or Hodinkee) and I thought the same... stopped me in my tracks as well... until I saw the size... And then same again, google machine brought me to the Logines, the JLC, and the Patek (again), then eventually the Baltic. Which my brother has, and it is even better in person than it how it appears in most photos. I really like the Patek and JLC very much... but not anytime soon. Longines I've actually tried in person when they first came out. Also very nice...

In fact, that was the same visit than really turned me on the Reverso which I had previously written off due to not liking rectangular case designs... But trying it on was a different story. I should have grabbed it then and there, but now they are nearly double the price.

I've tried the Patek in person as well. The ultimate.
    There's also the one I have--quite a bit less pricey than the PP...

Name:  CK859 Wrist 3.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  187.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    There's also the one I have--quite a bit less pricey than the PP...

Name:  CK859 Wrist 3.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  187.3 KB
    I did think of that one too after my post. Great looking watch.

12. Likes wschofield3 liked this post

14. Likes rodia77, tribe125, hayday liked this post