Likes Likes:  463
Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1041

Thread: Wot u readin'?

Just finished all of these. I really enjoyed Caimh McDonnell it's fun reading with good stories. If you like crime mystery with a good laugh, you can't do better

Sent from my SM-P613 using Tapatalk

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    Just finished all of these. I really enjoyed Caimh McDonnell it's fun reading with good stories. If you like crime mystery with a good laugh, you can't do better

Sounds like I should check these out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Wot u readin'?

Enjoying this, as I usually do with Graham
    Greene's books.

Last edited by Kronos; Aug 9, 2024 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos View Post
    Sounds like I should check these out.

It's great stuff I really can't tell you what order to read in. I started with this one as it turned out it was a good a place as any to start

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

7. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    This book is incredible. Did you know that 30000 tonnes of water hits earth from comets every year, and that some of it occasionally contains aminos acids and other building blocks of life? Likely how we got here, apparently.
    Name:  20240723_192134.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  59.8 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

9. Likes pacifico66, Fantasio, rodia77, hayday, tribe125 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Fascinating read about the history of life on Earth, the climate changes of past epochs and their impact on living things and, of course, the human driven climate change of our own Anthropocene epoch.

The story of CIA agent Robert Ames, an Arabist who spent a great deal of time in the Middle East in the 70's and early 80's. It's a compelling story and Kai Bird tells it well.

Novelist David Ignatius's tale, largely inspired by the real life story of CIA agent Robert Ames.

Margalit Fox is a longtime NYTimes reporter who wrote wonderful mini biographies during her time on the Obituary desk. The story here centers on a female mid 19th century fence (a dealer in stolen goods). Through that story, Fox illuminates mid 19th century immigrant life iN NYC, the rise in early organized crime, the evolution of big city policing and political machines and more.

Fox also spends a bit of time on Mrs. Mandelbaum's lawyers, the wonderfully corrupt law firm of Howe & Hummel, who were quite famous in their day. They are the subject of a marvelous book by journalist Richard Rovere.

11. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Blog Entries

As best I can tell, these are "novelizations"'of scripts Lynda La Plante originally wrote for the wonderful British TV program "Prime Suspect" (which was shown on the PBS "Mystery" series in the US).

Novelizations, as a rule, are not my favorite. Perhaps because they were written by La Plante herself, they are a fun read.

13. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    Halfway through, but so far, an excellent read I have read many novels that touch on the colonialism of Africa seems every European country gave it a shot. This is no different touching on France and Algeria

15. Likes rodia77 liked this post

17. Likes pacifico66 liked this post