Likes Likes:  20
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: **** retro game station ****

well had some time the last few days well say time early mornings / not good nights so was looking into my old game drive (as I said before when old laptop got old use to pull the hardrives and use them for storage -so got a few 2.5 cased drives ) and so played halo the first one and still now to this day it can hold it's own against modern games ..

well was looking on my fav archive site (archive site store old shareware/abandonware etc ect) games /movies/ about anything really it a cool way to save date that would get lost in time like of games when your disk don't run any more as your systems are to advanced to run the disc anymore ..

if you even have a diskdrive , and saw halo 2 it was an abandonware ( till very recently with the take off of steamer and such it was reclaimed recently) so got a copy this was a fair while back a few years probs .. so got round to sorting the rar out and so played halo 2 not sure I have play it before (think might have played a demo as at certain time felt familiar) and got to say they did a perfect job sometime when getting a second game from the same story. it lack something ( take red fraction the first the graphic was first rate the second looked very bad you would think they was the other way round )

so yes same enough to have a good clue on what to do but diff enough to make it still fun ... so yes

halo 1 and 2 get a big thumbs up from me .... as do portal one and two same with that as halo both top ten games in my book.

now trying to sort out half life set so that half life -(source ) half two , half life two episode one , half life episode two, then you got decay, blue shift, lost coast (but thats a demo from memory) and about three more I think maybe four ... and then you got some black masa stuff , plus cs I think link to the story line .

ok list is ..

Half life, Half Life Blue Shift, Half Life Opposing force, Half Life 2, Half life 2 Episode 1, Half Life 2 Episode 2, Half life 2 lost coast ... half life source is a remake/update of half life I believe ...
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jun 8, 2024 at 10:06 PM.
    As distance tests a horse's strength, time reveals a person's character.

2. Likes Raza liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Good thread bump! Took my kids to an actual arcade today, they had a blast! "So much better than xbox" LOL

4. Likes Raza liked this post
    yeah like retro games around cooking dinner as said in my other post going to try and do a flash drive of half life games I use a flash drive for various reason easy to plug and play anywhere , size of mem on a flash drive work better with old games as the new high mem we have on laptop /pc cause issues and easy to virus check and format if necessary..

also worth looking into gamehouse for any and all puzzle games you use to get with new comps back in the day .. likes of bubble gem, jewelquess, marjong, etc etc...

6. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Portal 2 is one of my all time favorite games and I’ve never even played it myself.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Portal 2 is one of my all time favorite games and I’ve never even played it myself.
    portal good it's where it all started and when they did portal two they really went all out it's an amazing none violent (well ok the nutty glados and wheatley aside) game . alot of thought went into them played both complete both many times never gets old the set design wow ...

still don't get the same look as the montior from halo connection vaguely remember reading something years age but can't remember all to do with valve and what they produced or something most of valve games was first rate and standard setting of the time take portal first company to do what they did in those games ...

mean the 90's/2000 was great gaming time as the soft ware was starting to match what the designers needed .. take freedom fighters (one of my all time favs completed on all levels many times) it was the first to have interaction gaming (by that what you did in one part of the game effected other (( ok dues ex did that in a way with choices in play but)) in freedom it was more like take out the chopper pad first made the hotel playable easy if you did not and took on the hotel first it was a bear to do) so ..

yes take max payne 1 first to do the slow moe feature when you hit the egg time the whole gamed slowed so you could jump and twist in mid air while shooting to hit more target in less time.

so yes great time to be a gamer then ...
    Last edited by is that my watch; Jun 9, 2024 at 04:50 PM. Reason: typo

then you got half life could be my all time flav game maybe ...

the classic iron bar that, ended up in some many later games as a homage to half life ... agin the first to do like a ten minute none play start where you tram ride into the game and if you watch closely you would see later playable characters when they did the spin off's barney and such like ...

also a lot later dead island got me hooked on maps size and the fact you could stop gaming in away and go have a wonder around take a breather before doing the next bit and do abit of a search around looking in metal chest for the best weapons ( the whole weapon modding ..blue print hunting is great .. and the challenges/achievements is classic ..

like a game where you can go have a nose around and do a bit of searching .. hate a tight set game routes and the like ...

soo just completed lifeless planet and I'm more confused then I was when I started the game .... but got to say the graphics and atmosphere was good and so was the problem solving only down side the ending made no sense what so ever

11. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    soo just completed lifeless planet and I'm more confused then I was when I started the game .... but got to say the graphics and atmosphere was good and so was the problem solving only down side the ending made no sense what so ever

Knowing this, would you do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediocre View Post
    Knowing this, would you do it again?
    hmm no nothing wrong with the game.. but when norm playing a game more then once you need certain things take alien rage that I will be doing a review on some time that one yes completed it. it get hard review as even on a easy setting it's a pig to complete but when you do you get some cool upgrades and they trick out your side arm to the point of the second run through I did on the next level up I just use that most the game (me likey that one) so ...

in this one actually I might do months and months down the line mean took me like four hours to complete the game so no time... like one that at least takes a few days to beat .. but now I get the game play and understand I could do but it's very liner if you got off script and explore would be good as wish you could as the lay out cool and scary and crazy ....

the story goes you and two other go on a 15 years journey into out of space to a new world crash and lose the other two then look for them find them dying and dead and then you meet an alien chick you follow around till she becomes a plant then you find your portal jump through and then hmmm where are you whats going on the end nothing explained just weird ...