Likes Likes:  90
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WRUW this Thursday the 4th of July.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Hate to be a downer, but don’t feel much like celebrating our country’s birthday today. From terrible election choices, to terrible court decisions, to a political system where talking to the other side is viewed as traitorous, I am very worried about the future.

Wearing a watch that is as old as I feel today.

Attachment 129920
    It's not as bad as you think you still live In a great country I agree the choices aren't great but you still live in a constitutional federal republic so celebrate

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Hate to be a downer, but don’t feel much like celebrating our country’s birthday today. From terrible election choices, to terrible court decisions, to a political system where talking to the other side is viewed as traitorous, I am very worried about the future.

Wearing a watch that is as old as I feel today.

Attachment 129920
    I am equally worried, with complete justification when seeing what is happening on the SC and with Project 2025.

3. Likes Raza, skywatch, hayday liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I know what you’re thinking. “You could have worn your Hamilton, as an American brand, it would be a good choice for Independence Day.” But, for some reason, I thought the color scheme here was a better choice. You got red, you’ve got blue, there’s some white in there. As much as I’ve very little to be proud about as an American for the past several years, I still hope you all had a fun and safe holiday. I didn’t celebrate much, unless you count watching several episodes of Taskmaster and a few cans of Diet Dr. Pepper.

Name:  IMG_1682.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  233.5 KB
    Last edited by Raza; Jul 5, 2024 at 03:00 PM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I know what you’re thinking. “You could have worn your Hamilton, as an American brand, it would be a good choice for Independence Day.” But, for some reason, I thought the color scheme here was a better choice. You got red, you’ve got blue, there’s some white in there. As much as I’ve very little to be proud about as an American for the past several years, I still hope you all had a fun and safe holiday. I didn’t celebrate much, unless you count watching several episodes of Taskmaster a few cans of Diet Dr. Pepper.

Name:  IMG_1682.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  233.5 KB
    I’ve actually moved to Dr. Pepper Zero myself.

6. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I’ve actually moved to Dr. Pepper Zero myself.
    I’ve only had it a few times, I need to do a side by side to see which one I like better. But, my home soda purchasing is hindered a bit; because in its infinite wisdom, my city decided to pass a soda tax to curb sugar intake, but it also swept up sugarless sodas (and juice too, smart guys), which increases the price of a 12 pack of cans about 50%. So, I buy all my soda from Costco outside the city; $17 for 35 cans of Coke Zero (I don’t know why it’s not a 36 pack either) versus $14 for a 12 pack. Occasionally Costco will have another sugar free soda, so I was just happy to get a case of Diet Dr. Pepper. They didn’t have any on my last trip, so it seems like it’s not going to be regular stock, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I’ve only had it a few times, I need to do a side by side to see which one I like better. But, my home soda purchasing is hindered a bit; because in its infinite wisdom, my city decided to pass a soda tax to curb sugar intake, but it also swept up sugarless sodas (and juice too, smart guys), which increases the price of a 12 pack of cans about 50%. So, I buy all my soda from Costco outside the city; $17 for 35 cans of Coke Zero (I don’t know why it’s not a 36 pack either) versus $14 for a 12 pack. Occasionally Costco will have another sugar free soda, so I was just happy to get a case of Diet Dr. Pepper. They didn’t have any on my last trip, so it seems like it’s not going to be regular stock, unfortunately.
    That kind of tax pretty much eviscerates the "we want to tax it becuase it's unhealthy for you, not to raise more money," doesn't it.

9. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    That kind of tax pretty much eviscerates the "we want to tax it becuase it's unhealthy for you, not to raise more money," doesn't it.
    I was at the courthouse at the time and I gave the city solicitor a piece of my mind and a lesson in elasticity. Maybe he’ll remember the incensed rising 3L who told him that small convenience stores and bodegas would suffer because of this and lo and behold, all the independent shops are closed now because they stopped getting soda buyers.