Likes Likes:  4,499
Page 676 of 676 FirstFirst ... 176576626666674675676
Results 6,751 to 6,758 of 6758

Thread: The cars and bikes thread!

I am biased, but I agree, @geoffbot. As a street car, a hard top convertible is hard to beat.

2. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    I am biased, but I agree, @geoffbot. As a street car, a hard top convertible is hard to beat.

4. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    I just got back from getting the Mach 1 inspected,as anticipated The Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires were quite the debate he wanted to fail the car but after a little gesticulation and googling pics of new ones to show him he relented we then discussed the fact we weren't running a front plate I initially played dumb but that was a bridge too far in anticipation of this I had some 3M moulding tape with me and stuck it on the bumper he wasn't pleased but I told him stuck on plates are commonplace outside of the USA at this point he just said F**k it and passed it so Mrs pacifico good till next year however I am now shopping for tires these won't make it to the next inspection I guess 7-10 thousand miles is about the lifespan

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

6. Likes Raza, geoffbot liked this post
    Unsure if this has been posted before or if this is even the venue for such content, but I saw cars and love the channel so I figured I’d post…

…Greg’s Airplanes and Automobiles is pretty awesome. I’m more interested in the planes*, but the 60s muscle car playlist is very good too. Greg flys 767s for a living and has the ability to explain fairly technical information in a way that laymen can understand. He’s like the best teacher you ever had.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Ej5_3lbO4DkF97

*His twelve-part(!) Thunderbolt series, where he makes a convincing case that P-47s could have made it to Germany in 1943, is just about the best thing on YouTube.

8. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    Unsure if this has been posted before or if this is even the venue for such content, but I saw cars and love the channel so I figured I’d post…

…Greg’s Airplanes and Automobiles is pretty awesome. I’m more interested in the planes*, but the 60s muscle car playlist is very good too. Greg flys 767s for a living and has the ability to explain fairly technical information in a way that laymen can understand. He’s like the best teacher you ever had.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...Ej5_3lbO4DkF97

*His twelve-part(!) Thunderbolt series, where he makes a convincing case that P-47s could have made it to Germany in 1943, is just about the best thing on YouTube.
    Blimey what's it been - 7 years?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Blimey what's it been - 7 years?
    I’m the Tom Waits of watch forum posters.

(that is a seriously good YouTube channel - especially for anyone interested in the technical aspects of WW2 aircraft)

11. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifico66 View Post
    I just got back from getting the Mach 1 inspected,as anticipated The Michelin Sport Cup 2 tires were quite the debate he wanted to fail the car but after a little gesticulation and googling pics of new ones to show him he relented we then discussed the fact we weren't running a front plate I initially played dumb but that was a bridge too far in anticipation of this I had some 3M moulding tape with me and stuck it on the bumper he wasn't pleased but I told him stuck on plates are commonplace outside of the USA at this point he just said F**k it and passed it so Mrs pacifico good till next year however I am now shopping for tires these won't make it to the next inspection I guess 7-10 thousand miles is about the lifespan

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

If she's getting 7-10k from an R tire it's likely not the right tire for her. Have you thought about the PS4S?

For the plate mount - do you have a tow hook mount up front? There are plate mounts that screw in to that hole - easy to swap in for inspection.

Last edited by happyscrappyheropup; Jul 2, 2024 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    If she's getting 7-10k from an R tire it's likely not the right tire for her. Have you thought about the PS4S?

For the plate mount - do you have a tow hook mount up front? There are plate mounts that screw in to that hole - easy to swap in for inspection.

We have a tow hook available, so that is a really good solution.I feel the tires need to be somewhat normal, lets face it she drives 20 miles to the rink 3 days a week for practice and they are really a track tire the wife is hard on everything so they might last a few more months the PS4S are being discussed if she agrees I am going to go ahead with those and finish off the set fitted from the factory any tire can be overpowered by this car I am retired I don't want a 2k bill evey year for tires and that's what we are looking at currently

Sent from my SM-P613 using Tapatalk