Likes Likes:  70

Thread: Midsummer Madness

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Thanks
    Looking forward to your pics. and thoughts when in mate.

Many moons ago had a similar centre second S & T quartz which had a grey mock lizzie strap which looked pretty good. Battery kept draining , as quartz do for me , got rid.Taken some time to get a grown up version
    Yes , agree grey can work if the right shade/pattern , yet some look drab.
    Received it yesterday, it's a pretty large watch, my wrist is 7 inches and I think it's just getting to the limit size wise for me. Didn't help that as I was researching, a couple of videos opined the lug to lug as 39mm. Not so, the squared face is 39mm, L2L is more like between 46mm - 47mm by my tape measure. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that the ostrich strap color works really well with the beige numerals/hands. In photos, I did not care for the aesthetic and was planning to switch the strap out but now I will leave it alone, at least until I want to play around with different colors.

The crown is a bit hard to manage in terms of turning since it's small and thin. A larger crown would've been just fine imo, but then I'm not a professional watch designer. I decided to keep this one since the silver model, with its lighter dial would probably wear even larger on my wrist, or at least look larger, which would be just as bad I suppose. I do like the rectangular dial/subdial/numerals of the silver though. If the black had the same design, it would be perfect imo . . . .

Some candids as I've been out and about today.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. Likes tribe125, skywatch, FuzzyB, rodia77, Strela167 liked this post