Likes Likes:  3,021
Page 213 of 214 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2140

Thread: Today I want one of these

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    My only advice would be not to buy something just because it's less expensive or the better "value." If it's not the one you really want, isn't it just false economy and worth saving a bit more?
    I've always said 'ignoring price, which do you prefer?' If they're torn then just pick the cheaper one because that's logic!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    You know, I’m leaning back towards the Black Bay, just because I really, really do prefer bracelets. Even if I do choose to keep it mostly on the NATO, that bracelet option, especially one as comfortable as Tudor’s, is very hard to give up. It’s not dispositive, certainly, but it is a lean.

But this leaves in the same conundrum as before. Three blue watches, if you include the Omega, that I really, really like.

Damn it all, it’s the Omega, isn’t it? It’s the Omega that I really want. The waiting continues.

I don’t know, I don’t know. I need to find something to scratch this itch, I think. Maybe it’s finally time for that Moonswatch while I set my sights on the Omega.

Or fold and buy a BB58.

The future holds so many unanswered questions.
    Last edited by Raza; Jun 27, 2024 at 04:23 AM.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

It’s a hard-knock life for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I don’t know what it is, but I’ve never gotten on with anything wider than 22mm. If I had to guess, it’s probably because I wear my watch high on the wrist rather than further down the arm. I find that wider straps just are uncomfortable. I purged my collection of anything above 22mm years ago. I suppose I could take the bracelet off of my GMT and try some of my existing NATOs on it to see if 22mm NATOs are an issue. Generally, I like to have as much taper as possible on a bracelet or strap because I find it much more comfortable than having a thick, wide strap on my wrist. I have lovely, sweet dreams about bracelets that taper from 20mm to 16mm.
    For me strep with has more to do with the case design and how high the weight is so for the watch. I wear my watches above the wristbone, and I like the straps to be a bit tighter than most people. Since I tend to wear larger, heavier, watches and have a round wrist. I need some thing that controls the movement of the watch on my wrist, so it doesn’t fall down or spin around. Having had quite a few Panerai years ago 24mm came quite natural and even had a few with 26 mm that were quite comfortable. Most of the Blancpain have 23mm with little or no taper. The Pelagos should be very comfortable with a 22mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

6. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You know, I’m leaning back towards the Black Bay, just because I really, really do prefer bracelets. Even if I do choose to keep it mostly on the NATO, that bracelet option, especially one as comfortable as Tudor’s, is very hard to give up. It’s not dispositive, certainly, but it is a lean.

But this leaves in the same conundrum as before. Three blue watches, if you include the Omega, that I really, really like.

Damn it all, it’s the Omega, isn’t it? It’s the Omega that I really want. The waiting continues.

I don’t know, I don’t know. I need to find something to scratch this itch, I think. Maybe it’s finally time for that Moonswatch while I set my sights on the Omega.

Or fold and buy a BB58.

The future holds so many unanswered questions.
    The Pelagos 42 has a much better bracelet.

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

8. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    It’s a hard-knock life for you.

Yeah, with all these first world problems, it’s a small wonder I can get out of bed in the morning.

10. Likes hayday, Fantasio, mlcor, Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    The Pelagos 42 has a much better bracelet.

Is the bracelet that much better or just the clasp? Either way, I’m not considering the Pelagos 42, only the FXD, so the Pelagos bracelet doesn’t really come into play.

12. Likes Mediocre liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    For me strep with has more to do with the case design and how high the weight is so for the watch. I wear my watches above the wristbone, and I like the straps to be a bit tighter than most people. Since I tend to wear larger, heavier, watches and have a round wrist. I need some thing that controls the movement of the watch on my wrist, so it doesn’t fall down or spin around. Having had quite a few Panerai years ago 24mm came quite natural and even had a few with 26 mm that were quite comfortable. Most of the Blancpain have 23mm with little or no taper. The Pelagos should be very comfortable with a 22mm.

One of the things I noticed years ago when I was wearing a lot of 44mm+ watches is that at the end of the day, when I was wearing something with 24mm lugs, I would get uncomfortable during the day and end up changing into something smaller when I got home. That never happened with any of my watches that had 20mm or 22mm lugs, and I noticed as time went on, just how much taper meant to me, especially as I got into bracelets (I was not a big bracelet guy at first). I’ve been interested in watches almost solely because of bracelet taper (like the Oris 65, the taper on that thing had me almost buying one dozens of times) and one of the reasons I keep reaching for my Submariner is that it’s so damn comfortable, partly due to the much faster taper than most watches down to 16mm. I put the bracelet back on my Speedmaster yesterday (Uncle Seiko replica of an Omega bracelet, I forget the number now) and it also has that extreme 4mm taper down to 16mm and it’s also so, so comfortable because of that. Wide straps are just a no no for my wrist.

Now, that’s not to say that 22mm is a write-off. 22mm is pretty much the upper limit. It shouldn’t be a problem, per se, but it’s also undeniable that a 20mm strap or bracelet that tapers is more comfortable to me than a 22mm that doesn’t (which NATOs do not, of course).

22mm for me I can do, but I do notice it at the end of the day... especially the 22mm NATOS on my Seikos which are on the heavier side.. I prefer 20mm by far. On the 22mm Turtle OEM silicone I don't remember if I get tired of them or not, it's been so long.

15. Likes Raza liked this post
    This. This. This.

Name:  IMG_2497.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  137.0 KB

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

17. Likes Kronos, gnuyork, tribe125, Raza, Mediocre liked this post