Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How hot are you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    For some of May and so far for all of June we have had highs in the the mid to upper nineties with a "feels like" of 102-105. I expect this for June but not for May. July-September will be horrible.
    Up where I live, September is straight up part of summer now, with regular highs in the 80s. Fall weather doesn’t get going until October now.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    I reckon today a bit warmer than yesterday now I am wondering if the display in the Raptor does triple digits I suppose we will find out tomorrow

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It hit 95F/35C today. It is also humid and feels horrible outside even when not in the sun. (It has mostly been overcast.) NYC is under an air quality alert, but the air quality index there is actually pretty good. The index up here (120 miles north of the City) is significantly worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    A balmy 18 C today . Good job clouded over and a cooling breeze

Savagely Average
    58*F and rainy here

88*F and rainy where I am headed

Both are unseasonably cool

8. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know when quite to post on this good thread, because I didn't want to seem out of step. Here on the California central coast, we have cold dripping fog when it's 40ºC inland... in fact the heat inland causes this marine layer, which makes this part of the coast so special. We moved here three years ago because we knew about the local coastal layer, and it makes us very happy. Sometimes gloomy, I tend to wear long sleeves every day. It suits my pasty complexion. We had some sunny days last week, around 68ºF (18C?) and today it was foggy again, maybe 60º F. I was apologizing to Mrs. Skywatch that I loved the dripping gray clouds moving up the valley in the afternoon, not gloomy by cool and soft. We moved here - in part - to escape the heat. Worldwide, it's getting worse quicker than even we climate-change-science-believers expected 20 years ago, when the numbers looked obvious but longer in the future.

Name:  KitchenWindowFog8Oct22sm.jpeg
Views: 30
Size:  196.6 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

10. Likes Raza, Mediocre, Spooky, pacifico66 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Name:  Screenshot 2024-06-21 113937.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  64.3 KB

Not looking too bad. Wish it would rain a bit more, but we'll be ok.

12. Likes Mediocre, pacifico66 liked this post
    G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    88F with 63% humidty = feels like 94F. AC is having a bit of difficulty keeping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes Mediocre, pacifico66 liked this post
    Savagely Average
    Currently 87* F, feels like 96. High is supposed to be 89, should be right around 100 heat index

16. Likes pacifico66 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    98F high today, hottest day of the year. My friends invited me out to an outdoor beer garden tonight. Even if I weren’t still recovering from illness, I wouldn’t go out in this heat, let alone go out and sit outside in the sun while getting dehydrated.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

18. Likes Mediocre, pacifico66 liked this post