Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tachymetric scale -- do you ever use it?

Never did nope
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post

As far as looking cool is concerned I agree regarding Speedmasters, since even if it wasn’t the first watch to have a tachymetric bezel it was certainly the most well known and is rightly regarded as an iconic design. The problem is that while it looks cool on an Omega it just looks naff on all the watches that copy the Omega.

Regarding looking cool as the most important attribute of a watch, I agree that looking cool is a sine qua non but it isn’t the only or even most important one. If a watch is utter shite in all other regards but still looks cool that would be a hard pass for me.
    The reason I placed such high importance on looks is that even if a watch were perfect on all other criteria such as chronometry, fit and finish, reliability etc if it didn’t suit my tastes looks wise even a little bit it would be out of the running. Conversely if I love how the watch looks I would accept less than perfection on every other criteria (up to a point of course).

I guess we must agree to disagree on the aesthetic merits of the tachymeter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pretty sure I tested it out when, at some point, I learned what it was. Other than that, no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Raza liked this post
    Never.
    Cheers, M

I used it a few times on a watch I got that has a tachymetre scale (Tissot V8) when I first got it. But other than the novelty factor, no, I've never used it.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.