Likes Likes:  68
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I woke up in the grip of a madness most strange

Glad this was sorted out but what was the tipoff that it was a fake?
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Having never seen an original in pictures or in person, I don’t know what’s not right. What tipped you off?
    The biggest tell is that the correct caliber number is 6100, not 6800 as indicated on the bezel on the back. There are a number of other tells in the movement as well -- different Incabloc, different bluing on some of the screws, placement of a couple of gears. The dial, on the other hand, is immaculate. Couldn't find any flaws there.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

3. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    It’s amazing to me that a scammer would devote that much time and energy to creating a fake for a watch that is significantly outside the mainstream…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Fantasio liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    It’s amazing to me that a scammer would devote that much time and energy to creating a fake for a watch that is significantly outside the mainstream…
    Yeah, no kidding. Whoever they got to do the dial knew their shit. As far as I could tell it was detail perfect.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    The biggest tell is that the correct caliber number is 6100, not 6800 as indicated on the bezel on the back. There are a number of other tells in the movement as well -- different Incabloc, different bluing on some of the screws, placement of a couple of gears. The dial, on the other hand, is immaculate. Couldn't find any flaws there.
    I was just comparing the movements and concluded that was the tell. Glad it all worked out for you.

I also couldn't decide if the crown was a bit sloppy compared to the factory photos or if it was just reflecting a lot of light.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I was just comparing the movements and concluded that was the tell. Glad it all worked out for you.

I also couldn't decide if the crown was a bit sloppy compared to the factory photos or if it was just reflecting a lot of light.
    Actually the details on the crown and case were pretty solid. As I say, aside from the obvious tells somebody put some effort into that fake.
    Слава Україні! 🇺🇦