Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonehead question #8356

Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Would it still cause damage if the watch wasn’t running when you set the date?
    probably more so when running the cogs have a rocking movement (so has play on the cogs ) but unwound I have found this is not the case .. the main problem is stripping the teeth off the cog, some date wheels well most I have seen are only thin plastic so can break fairly easy
    I didn’t think orthopedic shoes would help, but I stand corrected.

2. Likes Strange, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Back in the early 2000's when I was going away from an all Panerai collection to try something new I bought a Breitling Avenger Chronograph at a major chain Jewelry store late on a Saturday evening. In their rush to set the watch they broke the rule. Next day the date change did not work. Cycling it around with the crown also had it not working. Took it back and had to get a replacement that afternoon. Of course they tried to blame me at first, but there was no reason for me to touch the date less than 15 hours later. They conceded that they did it.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

4. Likes Kronos liked this post