Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Battle of the Ivory Dials: GLYCINE F 104 vs SEIKO SARG005 ALPINIST

I prefer glycine. But isnt that a huge size? Like 47mm or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post

PS: I also never tell the person who called me in error that they got the wrong number.
    I just take a message, or more often than not, give them one -- putatively from the person they were asking to speak to. "John's asked me to tell you that his phone is not working, and that you must meet him at Grand Central Station at 5 today."
    I'm not the only one huh ? I have repeat offenders calling the wrong number for years, always tell them to "hold on, I'll get them"...wait 10 minutes pick the phone up and say "didn't he pick up yet ?"..."hold on, I'll see what he's doing,,,geeeze"...I get sick of the game and hang up, they call right back and say "I was waiting for him to pick up !!"...I say "hold on again" Childish games

3. Likes Chronopolitano liked this post
    Haha, I know what you mean.
    I also like to recommend places, and persons, and things to people - places, things and persons I don't care to truck with.
    Well, in this case, it is a function of wrist size rather than anything else. Remember, not all converted watches are that large. Several are in the ~40mm range, which are more wearable.

While I have reasonably well-sized wrists, anything over 44mm looks a little outrageous on my wrists. On the other hand, if someone has bigger wrists than me, they are welcome to wear 46mm or larger and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    ... I have reasonably well-sized wrists, ... and get away with it.
    I feel confident that you have reasonably well-sized everything... and get away with it.

6. Likes M. Montaigne liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M. Montaigne View Post
    Some converted pocket watches can look striking and stunning.
    Eh, they may be stunning, but they still look like converted watches. There always seems a bit of slapdash about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Eh, they may be stunning, but they still look like converted watches. There always seems a bit of slapdash about it.
    I agree, even with the funky custom straps...they are a bit much for me

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  108.0 KB

Seiko for me all the way.

I feel confident that you have reasonably well-sized everything... and get away with it.
    You have no idea.