Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still waiting...

By the way...

Watchtracker reports -15 s/d consistnently over the first 24 hours, which increases to -20 s/d between 24 and 48 hours. The watch ran for 51 hours or so on a winding after having been stopped in Santa's stash for four months. I'm thinking the health of this movement is good; I already know it looks good.

The Camille Fournet strap is excellent. I had them make it out of very thin lizard as appropriate for the age of the watch, using quick-release spring bars. These were of excellent quality; I will probably add a matching black strap at some point in the future. It took about a month for them to get the strap to me; they ship it to their New York boutique so that they can control the import process and then they shipped it to me (signature required by Fedex) from New York. When I asked about the status they were extremely responsive, and they also gave me the option of an alternate shipping address given that they required a signature. I had them send it to the local Fedex store to be held for pickup, which they did without issue. The price is high for these straps but they do not disappoint, and now the old JLC has a strap worthy of the marque.

Rick "reluctantly putting it back in Santa's stash" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

2. Likes Der Amf, RayMac liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    I love seeing a fine watch on a Speidel Twistaflex band. It really helps moderate the price. That, and the missing seconds hand, though there is precisely zero indication on the movement side as to why it was missing.

Rick "noting the seller's tag claimed the watch was from the 60's" Denney
    I'd say that the band is from the 60's; they came in vogue when people were tired of worn-out leather bands due to lack of maintenance. Speidel bands were 'maintenance free'; years of guck between the links.

John
    If you come to a fork in the road; take it, and then put it down so someone else can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsw41 View Post
    I'd say that the band is from the 60's; they came in vogue when people were tired of worn-out leather bands due to lack of maintenance. Speidel bands were 'maintenance free'; years of guck between the links.

John
    Yes, that is a later band. Turns out, it's not a Twistaflex, but a JB Champion band with 20-micron gold-filled covers. Better quality that a Speidel, but still not approaching appropriate for this watch.

Rick "who'll throw it in the junk box rather than the trash can" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Lovely! Much better on the lizard strap and it does not look too small on your wrist. Now you should step down and try a 34mm.

P.S. I've used Tapatalk many times to upload images during edit. It works for me exactly the same way as when creating or replying to a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

6. Likes Dan R liked this post