Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to IWL German Watch Forum

Blog Entries
    Geoff I think the metro theme will grow on you. It did for me. It's easy to navigate and it looks good on a variety of platforms. it's also a nice backdrop for Gary's header artwork. There are a variety of hurl inducing themes out there we did *not* select.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

Quote Originally Posted by RayMac View Post
    Geoff I think the metro theme will grow on you. It did for me. It's easy to navigate and it looks good on a variety of platforms. it's also a nice backdrop for Gary's header artwork. There are a variety of hurl inducing themes out there we did *not* select.
    I was referring to the Nomos metro, numbnuts
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes tribe125, Samanator liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I was referring to the Nomos metro, numbnuts
    You never know. You could have been referring to the Paris Metro - or this Metro.

Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap. ~Doug Larson

5. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    My thoughts I the metro? Too quirky for me - I like simple, classic.

How's the accuracy, Michael? What are the started specs for the swing system? I don't actually know what they are for my beta movement - I'll get googling.
    And that would be the controversy I spoke of. I will say you have to wear it to get use to the size. After about 3 days I didn't notice it since realistically it has a dial 2-4mm larger than most 45mm watches. After this you start to wonder why other watches have such small dials.

Accuracy took a bit of coaxing. Somehow mine arrived magnetized in the post. Then my old demagnetizer box had the bottom fall out and the unit dropped two stories onto a marble floor(DOA). The new one I order didn't work so it went back to Amazon and the watch went to the watchmaker. Third time was a charm and the watch has settled pretty close to 1sec/day.

To me the more quirky thing is how to set the date on these. First watch in 20 years I had to break out the book to figure out how to set the date. After working out the back and forth setup I had to appreciate two things. The first was how that there are several approaches to build a date change system that you can't (in theory) break the mech by doing it at the wrong time. The second was the reminder that from past experiences the Germans do have an interesting sense of humor as demonstrated by this system.
    Last edited by Samanator; Nov 13, 2014 at 04:39 PM.

7. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Mine is +2.5spd I think so you win! Do you know the stated specs?

I heard that back hacking (I think it's called?) is a common way to change the date on vintages - rolling between 9pm and 1am. I can do 4 days forward in 20 secs.
    Last edited by geoffbot; Nov 13, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague