Likes Likes:  2

Thread: **** Russians books on watches ****

**** Russians books on watches ****

Well was looking at russian watches as you do and saw one and thought hmmm that ant right so off I goes to get my big red book on all thing's russian before 1995 that is... yeah you guess it... the Russian Wristwatches: Pocket Watches, Stop Watches, Deck Watches & ... Book by Juri Levenberg.

I sometime's forget to check it in favour of the net but at the end of the day maybe it should always be the first port of call. I mean it has it problems the black & white pics as well as colour ..would have been better to have then all in colour but suppose it was down to what he had to use at the time maybe but hmm wish it was all in colour.

But that aside it can help you find the model it was and then having the full and proper title of the watch to hand it is easier to pull up a model on the net to then check it ...

For my say for about £12 or so quid it's one of the best books on russian watches to have mine came via a friend (who has not been around in a good while hope things are ok with you if you are reading this ..Hey you )

Why not a thread on books on russian watches as the net can do so much but still think a book is better as better researched for a start ..

What other books can we think of that are good for russian watch collectors to have ....

As always Ismy
    “Better to be a broken piece of jade than an intact piece of pottery.”

2. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    have seen this one

Faszination of Russian Watches: From the Military Watch to the Marine Chronometer
    by Michael Ceyp
    “Better to be a broken piece of jade than an intact piece of pottery.”

4. Likes DJW GB liked this post
    mine came via a friend (who has not been around in a good while hope things are ok with you if you are reading this ..Hey you )