Right, as promised, here are a couple of new shots.

The reason that it looks like i've been gardening in it, is mostly because I have! It's been getting a lot of time on my wrist as it's exactly the sort of watch I like only funkier.

I've changed the awful fixoflex for a JB Champion one that matches the funkiness nicely and that's about it. It could do with a new crystal, or at least popping the old one off and polishing it up, which will happen.
I've tried to do a bit more research on it, but I've got no further than my initial analysis: It's from January 1971, when most people say that Smiths stopped making their own watches in 1970. It has got the
60466E movement, generally considered the best handwind movement Smiths made and usually associated with the W10 watches issued to the British Army between '67 and '70. It arrived working
perfectly and has carried on doing so. I've really had to do nothing to it and it is in all but NOS condition. For seventeen quid, it's a winner and I'm very grateful to ITTMY for resurrecting this fine competition
as I'd never have noticed it otherwise and it is one of those watches that just gives you that grin. Oddly the watch it has mostly knocked of what passes for a rotation is the AirKing. I'm not quite sure why.