Likes Likes:  2

Thread: **** ELSINORE.. pin & barrel ****

**** ELSINORE.. pin & barrel ****

Name:  PICT0001.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  67.9 KB

Got given a pocket watch to see if I could fix it well not really my area of tinkering so took a look...

Name:  PICT0003.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  69.9 KB

Looks to be an ELSINORE pin & barrel movement Swiss and if I called it right from 1915 so ww1 era.. So took the strain off the main spring it was tight but not forced as it gave me enough turn to catch the ratchet and pin it and let it slow spin unwind. So powers off the main spring but does not want to start to tick also notice the crown maybe wrong as can't seem to pull it out to change the time...

Was there a special way to do this on this movement ?
    Name:  PICT0006.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  59.4 KB

What info do we have on this think it might be imported by George Stockwell of Finsbury street London around 1914/1915 the case is sterling silver and hallmarked but the second hand is missing and the hour hand is bent

Yes any info would be good

As always Ismy
    Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool. so I gave him a glass of water.

Blog Entries
    So its not a lever set? That would be under the front bezel.

Also, there seems to be a small screw between the small gear and the crown. Backing it out a little may help if there is to lever set.

Dan

that screw if the right one is the stem lock loosen it off remove the stem put it back tighten it but can wind but can't change the time ?

assume lever set as that was the only description I could find. not really up on pw have a few molly's that I strip and convert to wrist watches and repair but they seem simple compared to this one almost like a wrist watch more then a p.w

so you will have to go slow

so how can we sort out the time changing first ?
    Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool. so I gave him a glass of water.

How about push and twist to set time?

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    long time no speak how you doing mate

and nope tried that weird thing is it's missing the loop would that maybe have some thing to do with it as I can see the stem turning as I winded it ?

Blog Entries
    Can you remove the front bezel? It will either screw on or pop off. If it pops off, you will see a small indentation for a thin blade.

Dan

front bezel ? I can open the front cover showing the dial would say not as think it's like a molly you would release from the back and remove the whole thing from the front once you remove the stem that is

Blog Entries
    Ok. Well, so it must not be lever set. I guess I would have to see it to figure it out.

Cheers!

Dan

I would strip it down if it had been a lot find but apparently belong to my granddad and mom thinks possible his dad which would fit date wise so has to got in the box till I pick up some pw skills or have some spare cash for a proper watch man services

11. Likes Dan R liked this post