Likes Likes:  6

Thread: A poorly Amphibia!!

A poorly Amphibia!!

Hi all

Some years ago I bought this rather nice old Amphibia from fleabay, It wouldn't work so I had a look inside and realised that the ratchet wheel had come adrift due to the screw being missing!!, It was nowhere to be found within the movementy so I went through around 70/80 scrap watches before I found one to fit!!

It goes well, I occasionally strap ir on and it works flawlessly now!!

It's always nice to get an old watch going again!!

Cheers, John

yeah got a few of them knocking around when I put the movement to parts I always keep the main spring and that as that's what seem to go the most or the hairspring get's twisted up nice one remember buying one that was not working properly and it was the screw had come loose so was not winding properly but surprise you could not find it has a big head on it not easy to loose
    Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation toward the local swimming pool. so I gave him a glass of water.

Nice I like it
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842