Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possibly got a Grail yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    indy would be proud
    Elsa never really believed in the grail. She thought she'd found a prize.

2. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If only more often "grail" was used to describe something that required a long and arduous search, not just a fat wad of $$$$ in the bank when clicking "buy"
    i agree with you of course but long and arduous ! in the late 70's they were turning out 5million watches a year

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    i agree with you of course but long and arduous ! in the late 70's they were turning out 5million watches a year
    OP said "they are very rare". Not knowing FA on the topic, I chose to believe him. If he's mistaken, tell him, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAgeSoul View Post
    Elsa never really believed in the grail. She thought she'd found a prize.

bit scary watching it for the first time thou just like when they open the ark
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

6. Likes SpaceAgeSoul liked this post
    apparently the dateless soviet or transition period dude is a sort after model and is a bit like hens teeth seen a couple at silly money prices but at a time it was not the cost as they went for £50 to $100 dollars at the time it's just they don't come up that often in that condition and probably on the original hair puller.

with some russian they don't demand a high price for them but are still rare to find like a good start/ctapt watch would be like say £40 but there are so many frankens out there so to get a good condition one from the look of it and kosher one for the right money is the grail bit ..

think about it yes certain russian models was made in the millions but they was made to use then broke down for parts when not working to use to repair others so over time with this method of use they become
    scarce ...
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

saw this which is the later one look right at a glance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amphibia-D...oAAOSwFqJWnqXt

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    I won this watch on eBay.

A dateless transitional era Scuba Dude. These watches are very rare. I have talked to one guy who owns a blue dialed version and I have seen a couple pictures of the black dial version. What I do know is that the dial looks correct, the movement is correct and the other black dial version I have seen has a black bezel. However both of those used different cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nice Scuba Dude

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

10. Likes is that my watch, Strela167 liked this post

It is in!

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post

It is in!

nice, your pics are alot better than the sellers that = SCOOORE!!!!

Sent from Galaxy S6 Edge via Tapacrap
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

13. Likes is that my watch liked this post