Likes Likes:  9

Thread: A Russian Has Landed

A Russian Has Landed

I now have my first Russian watch, an old Pobeda dress watch. It's a cute little bugger, measuring in at 34mm. I've already spied about a bajillion other Russians I'd like to strap to my wrist so I better stop looking.

-hayday

Name:  Pobeda.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  Pobeda2.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  49.6 KB
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

well we had a quick chat on the link but here a tib-bit of history on them

Based on a French design, the Pobeda's simple, 15-jewel movement was cost-effective, reliable, and easy to manufacture and maintain. Prior to World War II, during a period of rapid industrialization in the Soviet Union, the Soviet government sought international funding and expertise in developing a domestic industry for timepieces. Eventually the French watch manufacturer LIP was chosen; they established a new watch factory in Penza and licensed several movement designs to the new establishment. One design dating from 1908, the R-26 movement, was further developed and renamed the K-26, with significant alterations to the original design. World War II temporarily disrupted these plans, but after the Allied victory, this watch design was quickly finished at Penza, and full-scale production commenced at the First Moscow Watch Factory. Joseph Stalin chose the name Pobeda (Victory) to celebrate the end of the war.
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 15, 2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

3. Likes Strela167, DJW GB, hayday, BlackNomad liked this post
    another titbit am guessing yours came from here

Maslennikov Factory (Завод имени Масленникова): c.1951 to 2004

Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

those lugs are very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    those lugs are very interesting
    yes they do some different types you have the standard

then the full lug

and then the funky

7. Likes BlackNomad liked this post