Likes Likes:  155
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New - to me - but very old thing arriving

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Serious patina. Looks like it has lived a full life.
    I suppose it did or it just had a tremedously careless owner(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's lovely to see the Omega version, complete with all the wrinkles. Here's my Lemania equivalent, which yours makes look a bit pedestrian.

That's a lovely find! congratulations!
    Thanks a lot, Matt.

About your chronograph, forgive me, but I must respectfully disagree: your Lemania doesn't look pedestrian...at all! In fact, its dial is in better shape than the Omega I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Thanks a lot, Matt.

About your chronograph, forgive me, but I must respectfully disagree: your Lemania doesn't look pedestrian...at all! In fact, its dial is in better shape than the Omega I posted.
    It's interesting the way that the two show what must be pretty similar age and wonderful that, by this point, each is as unique as can be, which makes comparisons a bit difficult however, I meant the actual dial, given where this movement ended up, having the dial yours has is the most evocative bit of foreshadowing. They might share the same movement, but you really could argue quite convincingly that yours is a proto Speedmaster which is already starting to collect many of the features seen on the earliest Speedies.

4. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I meant the actual dial, given where this movement ended up, having the dial yours has is the most evocative bit of foreshadowing. They might share the same movement, but you really could argue quite convincingly that yours is a proto Speedmaster which is already starting to collect many of the features seen on the earliest Speedies.
    Oh, I see. That's a really interesting perspective. Being a speedmaster admirer, the movement's genealogy is important to me. Maybe I should hunt a cal. 321...