Likes Likes:  49
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SMITHS ANYONE.

should work never thought to ask if you was pushing down on the dimple when inserting the stem
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    should work never thought to ask if you was pushing down on the dimple when inserting the stem
    That's okay, I never put two and two together to get that I needed to push in something.

Now if I could only set the time....

Randy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAgeSoul View Post
    Sorry for my delay in responding, I've hardly been online the past few days. Thanks for the info, I'll give that a go in a bit. Will definitely keep you posted.

Randy

::EDIT::

The stem is now seated and the watch winds perfectly, but when I pull it out to set the time, nothing happens. If I turn the crown clockwise, it doesn't budge (and I'm not trying to force it), anti-clockwise, it just spins freely with the slight feeling of it trying to 'catch' when turned.
    i think someone will need to look at the dial side to see the interplay of all the parts. It was worth a shot. Sorry it didn't pan out!

dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    i think someone will need to look at the dial side to see the interplay of all the parts. It was worth a shot. Sorry it didn't pan out!

dan
    I'm afraid so, thanks for at least pointing me in the right direction to get the crown inserted properly!

5. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Did Smiths ever make a chronograph?
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Found only one in the book, the SM.4513 17 Jewel lever movement with 1/5TH second stop and tachometer scale £22.26 . and i found this http://www.smithswatches.com/product...x-7730-caliber DW.
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Did Smiths ever make a chronograph?

Quote Originally Posted by DJW GB View Post
    Found only one in the book, the SM.4513 17 Jewel lever movement with 1/5TH second stop and tachometer scale £22.26 . and i found this http://www.smithswatches.com/product...x-7730-caliber DW.
    Most excellent. Thanks!

That would be a great watch for one day when my Spitfire is rebuilt...
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum