Likes Likes:  6

Thread: **** The cost of movie success ****

**** The cost of movie success ****

So I was talking to Djw and Oh'd this morning and we got on to the subject of Russian watch yeah yeah I know no big surprise well I was saying how some Russian watches have always had a bigger price then others but in the last month or so how that seem to have shot up.

Djw was of the same opinion and Oh'd voice the thought that could that be down to the movie man from uncle I have seen the old t.v series and think there was a movie too. but not the new one but seems to have a lot of references to a Russian watch think it was a Podeba was it ?

So was that causing the rise in the prices that every one want what they have seen in the movies or some thing Russian at least it could make a lot of sense as some of the stuff selling at good prices would have been parts of a job lot for a few quid

so is this a good thing a bad thing or what ?

the good well more people enjoying Russian watches is always good more people to bore

now the bad it looks to be bumping the price way up

now the possible future good well it this just a trend buying going then when the trend moves on will that mean we will have a glut of great Russian watches going for peanuts ?

so what say you

As always Ismy
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

2. Likes DJW GB, rfortson liked this post

**** The cost of movie success ****

See the film!
    Great fun, and yes, the Pobeda does have a pivotal role

Talking Pobedas and prices makes me think of one particular example that has been listed on Etsy for years.

It's a particularly nice painted dial one, sailors used to do this for their mates, often depicting girls, mermaids and ships. This chap has a very fine touch.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441789591.876430.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  78.1 KB

As well as an anchor added to the small seconds, and warship under the Soviet naval ensign, there is a winged monument that I googled.

It's the Monument to the Sunken Ships at Sevastopol (now in Ukraine), once home of the Black Sea fleet. The monument commemorates the scuttling of the Russian fleet in 1854, to prevent the Crimean War allies (Britain, France, Turkey and Sardinia, it says here) reaching the besieged town

I love discovering this stuff - Russian watches have opened up so much history and geography to me!

As for the watch, it has yet to find a buyer at the asking price. But lovely :-)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441789188.442764.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  33.3 KB
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    See the film!
    Great fun, and yes, the Pobeda does have a pivotal role

Talking Pobedas and prices makes me think of one particular example that has been listed on Etsy for years.

It's a particularly nice painted dial one, sailors used to do this for their mates, often depicting girls, mermaids and ships. This chap has a very fine touch.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441789591.876430.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  78.1 KB

As well as an anchor added to the small seconds, and warship under the Soviet naval ensign, there is a winged monument that I googled.

It's the Monument to the Sunken Ships at Sevastopol (now in Ukraine), once home of the Black Sea fleet. The monument commemorates the scuttling of the Russian fleet in 1854, to prevent the Crimean War allies (Britain, France, Turkey and Sardinia, it says here) reaching the besieged town

I love discovering this stuff - Russian watches have opened up so much history and geography to me!

As for the watch, it has yet to find a buyer at the asking price. But lovely :-)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441789188.442764.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  33.3 KB
    have seen some lovely one's and some very badly made ones and the bad done ones was really expensive too
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.