Likes Likes:  46
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: HMT 40MM PROJECT

Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Well given the delays for some of the more established micro brands at times, that haven't had to deal with a governmentaly owned company in the middle of a shut down, during a period when large parts of India was without power for quite long periods of time, I wouldn't say it's that surprising with delays. Not saying 2 years is good, but there have been circumstances...

Not at all unheard of with 12-14 months for a micro from idea to shipping. And that is with Chinese suppliers/factories that do this quite often.
    Which was the moment in the last twenty four months which made you think, I can't wait to give him $300 for a randomly designed Chinese made watch?

2. Likes SpaceAgeSoul liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Which was the moment in the last twenty four months which made you think, I can't wait to give him $300 for a randomly designed Chinese made watch?
    Well, not that I ever said I'm champing at the bit to throw money at his new project, I was just commenting on the 24 months comment. He clearly has some work to do on communication and organization. At the same time if a new design proves interesting and the price point fair I would probably be prepared to buy something from him again. I'm a patient guy and I don't trust him any less than any of the other new micro brands. I certainly believe he will try and complete all orders and never during this project have I ever felt he was trying to deceive anyone or make off with the money.

4. Likes is that my watch, scott59 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by meijlinder View Post
    Well, not that I ever said I'm champing at the bit to throw money at his new project, I was just commenting on the 24 months comment. He clearly has some work to do on communication and organization. At the same time if a new design proves interesting and the price point fair I would probably be prepared to buy something from him again. I'm a patient guy and I don't trust him any less than any of the other new micro brands. I certainly believe he will try and complete all orders and never during this project have I ever felt he was trying to deceive anyone or make off with the money.
    I don't think him a crook, either, I just feel as if the whole project was as follows (with a bit of hyperbole).

Okay folks, we're going to 'crowdfund' a 40mm HMT... Submit your dial ideas and we'll vote on 'em... Alright, all the designs are in and here they are, let the voting commence... We're halfway through the voting and one design is clearly winning, so screw you all, I'm gonna have the designer change it and while I'm at it, a few more of the losing designs are gonna change too!... The design you 'voted' on has won, I know it doesn't look like the dial you originally voted on but still, screw you all, I'm running this thing... Now give me your deposit money... It's been a few months, and HMT are no longer in business, so I'll make the executive decision to continue this project and make it a generic 40mm watch with an HMT movement and jack up the price, so screw you all again!... Alright, I have a rogue group of disgruntled HMT employees and we're gonna make these watches!... I'm tired of you people asking for your money back, I'll pair you off with people who want in on my little project... I know it's been three months, and people are chiming in daily to buy available slots, but I'm not interested in dealing with your problems... Why are you people getting mad at me? I'm only running this project and you know I've had out-of-my-control delays, but I'm still not responding to your messages... We've had another snag, the Jabberwocky descended upon my little band of watchmakers and made off with them... I can't deal with this, I'm way in over my head, thank you all who are still in this thing, we're gonna make this watch... Another delay, Tinkerbell spilt some pixie dust on the watches causing them to fall apart when they were almost completed... Here's a crappy photo of what you're to receive, doesn't it look amazing, I know you can't really see it and the watch is in shadow, but it's so amazing!... Alright, give me the rest of your money, we're about to ship these generic HMT out!... I got your money and I'm gonna wait a while more... Alright, I'll start sending them out in batches of two, I know there are a thousand of you waiting, but I don't want to put myself out any more... Now that I'm sending them out two by two to repopulate the Earth............................................. ........... (rubs hands excitedly) What sort of project do you want me to botch for you this time?

And the crowd goes wild, starts throwing their underwear at him and shouting out suggestions for the next two-year watch project!

6. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceAgeSoul View Post
    I don't think him a crook, either, I just feel as if the whole project was as follows (with a bit of hyperbole).
    I'm not interested in continuing "discussing" this topic in this way. I'll post a pic of my green one when it arrives, but I'm otherwise done with the thread.

8. Likes scott59 liked this post
    Well ignoring everything else mine is in and I quite like. The dial is nice. The printing is well done and the indices seem decent. The brown sunburst dial is very good looking and I like the case back. The case is fairly nice for a case in the price range.

My only complaint is a piece of dust under the crystal. Overall I pleased with it and honestly I think it is worth the price.

As to how the project was run it, I don't think anyone could call it good. I think he could work on communication obviously. But there were a lot of roadblocks that were overcome. I am very glad it didn't end up being an HMT. I came close to pulling out before it was announced HMT was closing after my experience with HMTs. I believe the watch is better for being not an HMT.

As to whether I would buy another from him. If the price and design was just right I'd think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Looks good, 92EXCivic... I think the brown's better looking than the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Well ignoring everything else mine is in and I quite like. The dial is nice. The printing is well done and the indices seem decent. The brown sunburst dial is very good looking and I like the case back. The case is fairly nice for a case in the price range.

My only complaint is a piece of dust under the crystal. Overall I pleased with it and honestly I think it is worth the price.

As to how the project was run it, I don't think anyone could call it good. I think he could work on communication obviously. But there were a lot of roadblocks that were overcome. I am very glad it didn't end up being an HMT. I came close to pulling out before it was announced HMT was closing after my experience with HMTs. I believe the watch is better for being not an HMT.

As to whether I would buy another from him. If the price and design was just right I'd think about.

one question but it is still using the 17j hmt movement is it not ? and it nice watch but still think a little pricey
    Light travels faster than sound, which is the reason that some people appear bright before you hear them speak.

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    one question but it is still using the 17j hmt movement is it not ? and it nice watch but still think a little pricey
    Yes it has the 17j movement.

But like I said it is a lot nicer finished then the HMTs I have dealt with.

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum