Likes Likes:  76
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: You Guys Realize The Apple Watch Is Going To Flop, Right?

I'd order one today, if only I had a second left wrist.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

2. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    My brother-in-law showed me his new Apple watch, and I was interested to get a close up look and hear his thoughts
    He went for the 42mm (height) leather loop model, £519, the strap having an infinitely adjustable magnetic clasp.
    In person, the watch has that pleasing 'shiny Mac object' feel, a clean design and not as slablike as I was expecting
    Here, he's customised it with a £40 sport band, made from a very comfortable fluoroelastomer
    Attachment 20843
    The straps attach into slots at the ends of the watch
    £40 sport band??? Looks like a thin piece of silicone and is priced the same as custom straps we find on the forums that are made of better materials and are hand made.

I've got nothing against smart watches...but dang man, the prices apple are charging are insane.

Last edited by zaskar36; Jun 2, 2015 at 05:45 PM.

4. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by zaskar36 View Post
    £40 sport band??? Looks like a thin piece of silicone and is priced the same as custom straps we find on the forums that are made of better materials and are hand made.

I've got nothing against smart watches...but dang man, the prices apple are charging are insane.

For forty quid you could have the silicone strap and the Swatch attached to it

6. Likes zaskar36 liked this post
    I heard a review on the radio the other day, and it talked about one thing I hadn't considered, which is the battery life of your phone, as opposed to the watch itself. Apparently, the interconnectivity causes a significant hit to the battery life of your phone, especially the iPhone 5s. This fellow said he went to bed with his phone (5s) at 100%, forgetting to turn it off, and seven hours later his phone was at 65%, even though he hadn't used it or the watch during that time. Anyway, still no interest from me.

I spotted an Apple watch in the flesh for the first time yesterday, on the wrist of a colleague of mine. An amiable nerdish kind of guy, he seemed moderately pleased with it, he had just used it to buy something. When he showed it me, the screen was blank, and so the greasy smeared fingerprints right across it were displayed beautifully.

I saw one for the first time today. It was on the wrist of the sales assistant who was doing my iPhone upgrade. I asked him what he thought of it, and he said: "It's OK. Just a gadget really, but I wanted to try it. It's not really a watch."

10. Likes whatmeworry liked this post
    I think I said it once before but I'll say it again. I'll take my watches radiation free, thank you. No smart watches anytime soon be strapped to my wrist.
    Amen!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx