Likes Likes:  16
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opinions on new (and old) Strela's?

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Any news mate.

btw if funds allow a 31 is worth having
    Oh...funds will allow...the issue will be new vs vintage, and if vintage, what variant. (there's always new + vintage) And then, having satisfied my itch for the, what was it called..."price inflating" Strela mark, I'll probably branch off to other markings.

Meanwhile, the 3017 won't actually SHIP until Tuesday 21 July (vacation, don't you know...)
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Oh...funds will allow...the issue will be new vs vintage, and if vintage, what variant. (there's always new + vintage) And then, having satisfied my itch for the, what was it called..."price inflating" Strela mark, I'll probably branch off to other markings.

Meanwhile, the 3017 won't actually SHIP until Tuesday 21 July (vacation, don't you know...)
    Pity on the delay mate.

Just a thought btw, Strela was 3017 there are no 31's only re-issues/homage of many options.
    The 3133 is Okeah.

As a rule of thumb Vostok breed, 31's are pretty close

And the 31569 = 3133 w/hack?

3133's seem to pop up with all sorts of dial signatures...good to know that the OCEAH is the one true mark.

Not to worry about the delay - I think two CTAPTs will be in my hands tomorrow, if USPS Tracking can be believed.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

One is never enough. Here's another 3017 incoming. Cheap enough that if it's faulty it can advance my education. So, let the pointing and giggling commence:

Name:  movement.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  322.7 KB

Name:  CrystalOff.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  246.8 KB

Name:  RedCrystal.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  181.2 KB

Chinese redial. The indices are too blunt
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Chinese redial. The indices are too blunt
    Given the condition, the redial was a given. How about the movement?

1967-8 from the serial number. Probably from a Sekonda badged watch (poss a late Poljot badge, but less likely)
    Strela badged watches made up to end of 1965.
    Cyrillic bridge probably a replacement

Thank you. Seller claimed 1966.

Opinions on new (and old) Strela's?

Do forgive my terseness in my above 4am posts
    The dial shown is a fairly blatant Chinese version, as seen by the indices which don't come to a sharp point like the real thing. (the dial on your first watch is much better in this regard)
    Lucidor's chart is a good place to start when comparing claimed date against serial number
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438081430.765362.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  165.1 KB
    My 3017 knowledge is good enough to set my spidey senses tingling if things don't add up, but isn't up to giving a 100% 'yes that's legit' assurance if nothing sets off my alarm bells
    And beware, there are some *excellent* new made Strela-badged dials out there.
    Luckily for me, my fave version is the most common/ least faked black Sekonda dial :-)