Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A repost: SBGX115 picture review

rolex pic as answer guy mikeylacroix's Avatar
    i think a ceramic bezel would top it awesomely

Not sure I would want ceramic on my GS diver. At least the bezel won't shatter when it meets a brutal door knob or when I take it diving (imagine that) and smack it around

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    I little thread necromancy here.

With a date (I wouldn't need to set it very often) and in Ti (keep it light-weight), I think this would be a perfect grab-and-go watch for me.

Yet even with those cons, I still keep thinking about it.
    And a 38-40mm case size. I like GS diver designs (minus the bezel font), but can't pull off those large case sizes.

4. Likes Colin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    And a 38-40mm case size. I like GS diver designs (minus the bezel font), but can't pull off those large case sizes.
    Yeah. Size-wise I think the SD diver at 44mm is too big for my comfort zone (and I'm over 6' 1" and +200lbs) but the 42mm quartz would be perfect.

If you're looking for a GS level diver at =/<40mmm, good luck. I don't think the numbers will add up for that to be a production run.

A very appealing watch. Love the white version, but it's black faced sibling does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Yeah. Size-wise I think the SD diver at 44mm is too big for my comfort zone (and I'm over 6' 1" and +200lbs) but the 42mm quartz would be perfect.

If you're looking for a GS level diver at =/<40mmm, good luck. I don't think the numbers will add up for that to be a production run.
    I wonder why though? I'd expect 40mm would be very popular, given its universal appeal. Take Rolex Sub for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I wonder why though? I'd expect 40mm would be very popular, given its universal appeal. Take Rolex Sub for example.
    True, but most modern divers are 42mm+, I believe, and even almighty Rolex has been increasing its case sizes.