Name:  DSCF5811.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  85.0 KB

Well was bored could not find a tat lot to tinker with so bought some parts a while back and well they all turn up so it's a bit of nite time build happening .

Parts we have a 6497 movement (well that was ordered but think a ST36 is what I got)

A pilot 6497 dial.
hands.
case.
onion crown.

With a 6497 you would loosen the screws and push on the dial then tighten the screws but with this movement it just pushed on dial remember to put the hour cog and washer on before putting the dial on (yes even some one whose done it a good few time can forget ) hmmm we wont meationed that any more

Name:  DSCF5818.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  76.0 KBName:  DSCF5820.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  83.5 KB

Once the dials on then the hands again normal the hour minute hands go on easy but they seemed tight on this movement but did fit but had to be force on more then normal this is an easy one for hand placement no day or date so is't as simple as just lining them up at the 12 and you are good to go.

Name:  DSCF5822.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  78.7 KBName:  DSCF5823.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  78.1 KB

But once the hands are on it looks and moves fine so guess could just be a bad batch of hands maybe not that it matters .

Into the case it goes the spacer fits around the movement so it stops the movement from rocking when being wound so no need to screw and clamp it in place like some cases .

Name:  DSCF5824.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  76.2 KBName:  DSCF5827.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  79.7 KB

That just leaves the stem my one dislike on building is this cutting the stem (mean not that important on a 6497 though as they are quite cheap and easy to replace (when i started doing this on 3602 trying to get stems was for me a costly and time consuming as they came from Russia only so you only sorta had one shot ) but work out well in the end.

Name:  DSCF5828.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  77.1 KBName:  DSCF5829.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  80.0 KB

One pilot watch ready to be worn.

Name:  DSCF5833.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  97.3 KB

Hope this was a fun read guy's and girls

As always ismy