I have had a few vintage digital watches and when setting the date never thought about it with some of the seiko I have or had are fine but I just bought a very risky tat lot of some early citizen lcd watches and so thought I would try and update my knowledge on them before they arrived to be worked on , give myself like a running start .

Think one will be too far gone to fix which is a shame as it was an early solar power one their is also a 41-8056 which has always struck me as pretty cool but when looking in to it history I found an amusing fact that I had not thought about and that was .

I think they did not see the world lasting past dec 1999 as I have notice on some models the readouts won't go past this point it seems I say it seems as the digital I have had I have never had this issue got some seiko ang/digital and they work fine .

So I suppose my question is if this is the case why do some go past this point when others don't and also if this is on some a fix thing does that mean our modern watches will only go to 2099 then ?

As always Ismy