Well had a little free time while waiting for paint to dry quite literal this time just waiting for some primer to dry so was having a quick look on the bay for watches got £30 burning a hole in my pocket and I saw quite a few nice vintage working watches in fair condition really at one time I would be jumping for these.

But at the minute I am defining my collection so for the most part am selling more then buying ..I mean their some I am always on the look out to buy so I can check them out for example got a few russian I want to get check out and do threads on, some will remain in my collection some will get sold on as only bought to give them the once over .

As I ways saying so saw a few good watches go for little money in some ways it's good for collecting them but in others not so much for the sellers, when if you think back to the 70's the prices of some of these fine Swiss watches could have been weeks of salary to the average man/woman.

And yet now could be had for a fiver or a tenner it seems a crying shame in a way but maybe gives a chance for poeple to buy and enjoy or for that have a collection that is really affordable ..

I have seen some decent names and OK a lot of unknown names too .. a few for instance modine /telltime/ hefik / marvin/ rotary / smiths /Avalon/ just to name a few some of these are more well know then others.

I might be tempted to on occasions buy one of these watches do a little thread on them and then possible sell it again unless it has impressed me enough to get put to collection.

What vintage swiss or any other for that matter have you got in the old collection love to see them

As always Ismy